Great Cressingham Community Association
Great Cressingham Village Hall
DATA PROTECTION POLICY
Great Cressingham Community Association needs to keep certain information about its trustees, volunteers and service users to carry out its day to day operations, to meet its objectives and to comply with legal obligations.
The organisation is committed to ensuring that any personal data will be dealt with in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). To comply with the law, personal information will be collected and used fairly, stored safely and not disclosed to any other person unlawfully.
The aim of this policy is to ensure that everyone handling personal data is fully aware of the requirements and acts in accordance with data protection procedures.
In line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) principles, we will ensure that personal data will:
- Be obtained fairly and lawfully and for a specific and lawful purpose
- Be adequate, relevant but not excessive
- Be accurate and kept up to date
- Not be held longer than necessary
- Be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects
- Be subject to appropriate security measures
Great Cressingham Community Association processes the following personal information:
- Trustees / committee members – Names, addresses and contact details
- 120 Club Members – Names and contact details
- Service users – Names and contact details
Great Cressingham Community Association will ensure:
- Data will not be sold to companies or given to public organisations. Personal data (names, addresses, emails, phone numbers) will only be passed on to a third party with written consent (e.g. someone who wants to contact someone else who does want their information public).
- Data will be processed for the purposes stated only.
- In the case of contact details, these may be stored for the purpose of informing the
community about events, activities etc, but this will not include personal information other
than that which has been permitted and an opt-out option will apply.
- Data will be accurate and be kept up to date.
- Data will be erased as soon as out of date or when no longer needed.
- Data will be kept in a safe place and, where relevant, on a computer which is password protected
For further details of Data Subjects rights of access etc reference should be made to General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Great Cressingham Community Association is a registered charitable trust, registration number 1024697